Welcome to the Knowledge Management Research Group (KM)
The Knowledge Management Research Group is a multidisciplinary research group with members from half a dozen different departments at Loughborough University. It is administered from the Department of Computer Science and Department of Information Science, and is composed of academics, research associates and research students with an interest in this area.
The primary aims of this research group are:
- To develop a dynamic exchange of ideas on knowledge management research and practice.
- To review existing and new ideas for research projects.
- To disseminate work in progress on current research projects.
- To facilitate the formation of partnerships among researchers and the promotion of multi-disciplinary research.
- To work with industry and other organisations to promote research and develop and promote good knowledge management practice
- To encourage a forum on knowledge management for research students.
- To promote seminars, workshops and conferences associated with knowledge management research.
- To publicise to the group members calls for proposals for research funding, journal articles and conferences.
- To develop and maintain a contacts database of researchers, commercial organisations, public bodies and government agencies with an interest in knowledge management research.
- To have fun in the development of research in this area.
The Knowledge Management Research Group meets regularly each month (normally the first Friday of the month) for seminars, tutorials and the exchange of ideas.
The Knowledge Management Research Group has been formed to cover a wide range of topics on knowledge acquisition, knowledge organisation, knowledge storage and retrieval, knowledge generation, knowledge dissemination, knowledge communication and and knowledge culture. As such topics can range from information systems to organisational culture, from process management to innovation, and from electronic communication to intellectual capital. Wherever knowledge is needed, created or applied, we are interested!